Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy Birthday, my little blog.

I realized today that I had walked over my blog's one year anniversary without so much as an acknowledgement. Whoops. I guess it's still surprising that I started this thing at all, and have tried to keep it up as best I can. In commemoration of the one year aniversary, I have changed the image at the top of the page (you noticed, I'm sure). That little text box describing myself as a "little American girl" growing up and all that--gone. It wasn't sitting with me properly the last few months, and I'm not sure it was even accurate when I first started this thing. The "little girl" part, anyway. Growing up is something I've been doing and will continue to do for a long time. And maybe I'll never get there completely. And I'm kind of alright with that.

Thanks to everyone who's been stopping by and giving this blog a purpose, as small as it may be. Those of you in the states: I miss the lot of you most days, and am happy we can communicate even if it means over this medium. I love you guys!!!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow. It only just hit me that the picture of the tube no longer looks "cool and mod and foreign in that British way" and now just looks like "dirty lateness what is that smell and why are there no trash cans?"

We've been here a while, huh?

Lea Maria said...

Yes.

Zuzu Petals said...

And yet, it is still cleaner than Manhattan. Discuss.

Lea Maria said...

Which is a remarkable fact, given the lack of trash bins on the street and the coal residue that still circulates in the air...

Dani said...

Thank you for keeping a blog, Lea. I love following your pursuits. :)