Monday, May 4, 2009

Bank Holiday

Disillusioned with only being offered a "place at the table," many of the knights left Arthur's employ to follow Merlin, who offered not only magic, but viable real estate opportunities.

The above is something else I passed by during my journey on foot to my puppetry class last week.

It's Early May Bank Holiday here in England, which essentially equates to America's Labor Day. Meaning: I have the day off! w00t! If I had a back yard, I'd be getting ready to grill and drink the day away with friends over games of badminton while Bruce Springsteen played in the background. Alas, this is not to be. But considering the work my company and I have in front of us for the next month, I am looking forward to having a day where I can get some reading done to prepare for this onslaught of devised theatre. So today is all about me, outside, in the sunshine...with a book.

I haven't been updating too much lately as I've been having a geektastic week, and it's not over yet. I will submit a report in full, probably on this coming Thursday. Till then, you'll just have to sit on your hands and wait.

I just found out the other day that Zuzu* will be coming to town the first week of June. I'm excited to show her around the city, mostly to use her as an excuse to do even more touristy things I've been meaning to get to but have neglected. This news also came on the same day my mother e-mailed me to tell me she wasn't going to Paris this coming weekend for business as originally planned, where I was meant to visit her (damn swine flu). So it was nice to have that disappointment replaced with something to look forward to for next month.

Before I head out into the world, I just want to give a nod to my two new followers: hello, and welcome! It's lovely to see you here! Do drop by often!

1 comment:

Molly said...

Puppetry class sounds like so much fun! I have a friend who would be insanely jealous. She loves puppets and everything to do with them. I want to hear all about it!