Wednesday, September 30, 2009

DARWIN: The Musical!

In the shower today, I had an idea for a showtune for a musical about the life of Charles Darwin. It would be for mezzo-soprano with a bit of a belt, and there would be a lot of brass and a bit of swing to it. The song would be sung by Darwin's wife, Emma, and it would be called, "Natural Selection ~or~ Why Our Love Will Survive the Evolutionary Process." So far I only have the final lyrics and the reprise lyrics (which, not surprisingly, are exactly the same but with different notes). Here is what I have:

Yes, I'm naturally selective,
No need to be objective,
'Cause I'm naturally selectively yours!


What do you think?

3 comments:

Stephen said...

"Birds do it, bees do it, even educated fleas do it..."?

Caitlin said...

Hate to burst your bubble but there was a musical about Darwin at Edinburgh this year.

But hey, if there can be two "Wild Party" musicals, there can be two Darwin musicals. Survival of the fittest?

Lea Maria said...

Stop raining on my fucking parade, Caitlin.

And obviously, I will go all Andrew Lippa on their ass!