Friday, April 4, 2008

Aw, Frak.


The title is in honor of the premiere of the fourth season of Battlestar Galactica this evening. I'm having a party with food, friends, and fun prizes...and other things that begin with "f." What are YOU doing?

So after a brief discussion with my mother earlier this morning, it seems that my specific strand (the performers) don't actually start school till...January. So I'll be stateside a little longer that I thought, though still leaving New York in August. I blame this miscomunication on my start date (originally took it to be sometime in early October) to the vagueness of the paperwork I received from Central, and the additional illusory nature of hard solid information on their website. I'm reminded of something Dylan Moran says about talking to English people: "You don't know if they've recently died or just got married." This is the kind of vagueness I'm talking about people! A little help please!

This could speak about/to the fact that I've done little thus far to promote my journey over there: beginning of the saving of various monies, starting to pack, buying a new British-appropriate wardrobe, filling out my FASA...details, details, details...

But now the question is: What the frak am I going to do during my new "swing" period? Go home to Jersey and teach yoga? It just might happen, but I'm open to suggestions.

But enough of this. There are more pressing matters at hand. Like: Is Starbuck a Cylon?

(I say "No!")

No comments: