Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Just a quickie.

Stage 2 presentation went up yesterday (that's me, post showing, covered in lipstick from all the plexi sex). To add to our theme of web based communication, a couple audience members Skyped in and watched via web cam from laptops in the audience. Here's to Jenna and Amy, our fabulous audience members across the sea!!! Huzzah! (Incidentally, Amy was sadly cut off early due to a faulty connection. Don't worry, dear: I am told there will be a DVD.<--That is not a joke.) It went over well, it seems. More importantly than it going over well is it being over, leaving more time for research (which I don't remember how to do, anyway) and other things, like sleep. My sense of bodily maintenance has also gone out the window during this process, and I haven't felt this sluggish and out of shape in months. But spring is starting to take hold of the weather over here, and I have promised myself that I will, for the first time in Y-E-A-R-S, be wearing a bikini this summer, and that I will have the body to feel good about it, damn it! Life is too short to not wear bikinis while one is still young and virile and all that. Perhaps it will even be pink.

Well, let's not push it.

In any case, I plan on spending a lot of the extra time I have on my hands now (and over spring break--w00t!) trying to get back in shape. It's mostly a vanity thing, I won't lie. But by and large, it is important in terms of my chosen profession, and I respect the beast that the thing is and will play by its rules.

Word came in today that I will be involved in the Accidental Festival this year, taking place in late May. I had assisted a fellow Central student with their research regarding how they would address the process they would implement for the piece they were doing for it, and she offered me a place in the project. So I'm looking forward to that.

That, and some sit-ups.

1 comment:

Amy Sample Ward said...

I'm so excited that I got to see the bit that I did, but really happy to hear there will be an opportunity to see it all via the magic of dvd technology.

I, too, have felt more sluggish and out of shape than really any other time in my life. Could it be that the weather/lifestyle here has caused this change for both of us? I don't know, but I'm SOOOOO over it.

Hope you are well and I'll see you next week when I'm back from absorbing natural UV rays in CA & TX :)

xoxox