Monday, August 31, 2009

The Day I Became Undead

August went out with a bang, as this last week was beyond full. I'll catch you up on the majority of it soon, but I thought I'd just throw up something quick from today, when the zombie film Baby's First Steps was shot. I woke up this morning at 5:30 AM from several zombie nightmares, to shower and get ready to make my 7 AM call. We finally wrapped at around 6:15. It was a really easy and fun shoot, and the small crew--director Stephen, producer Stephen (a different one), DP Mark, and the fabulous Faye who did my make up--were great to work with. Below you can follow my transformation from human to zombie. Enjoy!

First I was made paler than I usually am, with a slight green tint for the just-turned-into-a-zombie feel.

A little red around the eyes.

Veins were applied thickly, but would be faded a little bit later. I had some painted on my arms/hands as well. (Don't I look like such a charming zombie in this shot?)

Add contacts, and voila: instant zombie! And check out the blood covering my hand! This shot was taken in the middle of the day, during some of my down time. The contacts were really terrible for about the first twenty minutes, which was surprising as I had been putting them in and leaving them for increasing periods of time the whole week leading up to the shoot. Eventually I adjusted and was fine for the remainder of the day.