Monday, June 29, 2009

29 June Play-->Noel Coward's "Private Lives"

Reading this play was a nice little escape from the doldrums of paper writing and festival feedback meetings (truly: a bore). It also made me want to sip cocktails somewhere on the continent.

No monologues in this play, but who cares with Coward's gift for witty banter. Amanda and Elyot are great, and really prove that it takes a really big love to make that big a hate.

I honestly don't have too much to say about this play, other than it was a lovely and much needed distraction, and I'll probably be reading more Coward this week to garner more of that.

Now I should really write something. Or read something. Or go to bed. "The party's over now..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am assigning you "Accent on Youth"

crazy but true

xo
Jen